How to configure UNAVSA email on your mobile device
This should be pretty straight forward, but I wanted to make sure that its documented in case anyone has questions on it.
NOTE Even though the domain of the email account is @unavsa.org, it is still considered a Google Apps account.
At your computer:
- First log into your UNAVSA Email account
- At the top right corner of your home page, click on the Settings Gear/Widget and go to Mail Settings.
- Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- Make sure that IMAP is enabled in your main Gmail settings.
- Proceed to one of the steps below, based on your mobile device.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars menu option
- Tap Add Account menu option
- Tap Gmail
- Enter your account information, being sure to use your full UNAVSA address, including ‘@unavsa.org’
- Tap Next
- Tap Save
- On your android device, press Home, then open the Email application.
- On the ‘Your accounts’ page, select Next to get started with setup.
- Enter your full UNAVSA email address (including @unavsa.org) and password, then select Next.
- On the next screen, you can give the account a nickname and choose the name to display on your outgoing messages. Tap Done.
IMAP server: imap.gmail.com
Security type: SSL (always)
SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
Security type: SSL (always)
On your Blackberry (unverified, grabbed from a third party source):
- On your BlackBerry device, navigate to your home screen
- Select the icon that lets you set up email (this can be called Setup, Setup Wizard, Email Setup, BlackBerry Set-up, E-mail settings, or Personal Email Set-up)
- Follow the setup instructions provided on your device
If setup is successful, you should receive a confirmation message and a new mailbox icon should appear on your device’s home screen, labeled with your Gmail address.
On your Windows Mobile Device (unverified, grabbed from a third party source):
- Open the Start menu and select Programs > Messaging > New E-mail Account.
- Enter your UNAVSA email address (including ‘@unavsa.org’) in the E-mail Address field
* Windows Mobile 6.1 users: Enter an unintelligible email address (such as ‘g@g’) at this step. This will bypass the automatic configuration for POP3 access.
- Uncheck the box that asks to get settings automatically from the Internet and select Next.
- Select Internet e-mail as your email provider in the drop-down menu.
- Enter your name as you want it to appear in sent emails.
- Enter a descriptive name for the email account and select Next.
- Enter ‘imap.gmail.com’ in the Incoming Mail Server field.
- Select IMAP4 as the Account type from the drop-down menu and select Next.
- Enter your full email address (including ‘@unavsa.org’) and password.
- Select Next.
- Enter ‘smtp.gmail.com’ in the Outgoing (SMTP) Mail Server field.
- Make sure that the Outgoing server requires authentication box is checked.
- Select the Advanced Server Settings link.
- Make sure that the Require SSL box is checked for both incoming and outgoing emails.
- Select The Internet as the network connection from the drop-down menu.
- Select Done and then Next.
- Select how often you want your phone to send/receive emails from the drop-down menu.
- For more download options, select the Review all download settings link.
Powered by Facebook Comments