Registration Committee Guide
The Registration Committee is tasked with registering conference attendees, creating all accompanying materials, and managing hotel room assignments. Distributing badges and conference materials during check-ins is also a key role of the committee.The committee responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Management of online registration and payments
- Management of speaker and guest room assignments
- Creation of attendee badges
- Creation and maintenance of a master check-in list
- Creation/compilation of attendee package: bags, maps, t-shirts, program booklet, and lanyard. Managing conference on-site registration and information tables
- Updates to attendees leading up to conference
- Attendee tracking (room numbers)
Aside from the prescribed responsibilities, it is important to remember that the Registration Committee serves as the first real interaction/correspondence attendees have with the conference, digitally and in-person. So while it is the goal of the committee to process/organize/track attendance, it is also vital to realize that Registration Committee serves as the first ‘face’ attendees see and that utmost efficiency, hospitality, patience, and adaptability is maximized in all correspondences/interactions.
- Create online platform for conference registration
- Determine where registration will take place and when it will be available
- Come up with a game plan to check-in and distribute materials
- Produce/acquire materials to be distributed
- Check-in and distribute materials during conference
Responsibilities (Detailed overview of responsibilities)
Registration can be broken out into online and on-site registration. The online portion of this is already built, you just need to understand the information that is being collected. Online registration can be broken into phases: early, regular, late
Online Registration (The site has already been built, work with IT Director)
Create an Account (To allow attendees to save/go back to their progress.)
- Image Verification (To prevent spam bots.)
- Full Name
- Affiliated Organization / University
- T-Shirt Size
- Personal Interest Question (ie. What are you most looking forward to at UNAVSA-9?)
- Special Food Accommodations (Allergies, Vegetarian/Vegan Diets, Celiac Disease)
- Emergency Contact (Name, Phone, Relation)
See appendix for template.
Workshop Registration (Can be enabled later to give Programming Committee time to confirm.)
- Workshop Titles/Descriptions
- Rank-Order Workshop Selection (Be sure to include a disclaimer stating, that workshop preferences will be honored to the best of the committee’s abilities, but they are not guaranteed. First-come-first-serve basis.)
- Payment for Hotel Accommodation
- Hotel Room Code for Groups
- Show what steps of online registration page are complete/incomplete.
Electronic Receipt | Account Summary
- To be printed by attendees and brought for Express Check-In at conference, like a boarding pass.
Things to keep in mind when choosing Onsite Registration Space
- Access to consistent wireless internet
- Sufficient electrical outlets
- Helpful if the room has a separate entrance and exit path, to ensure efficient flow of traffic
- Enough room to fit approximately 11 long tables
- Ensure room availability/times during conference registration periods
- Easy accessibility/ability to find the registration site
2010 On-site Registration Site Example
- Attendees provide name/registration ID # and staff electronically checks in.
- Proceed to middle tables, which are divided based on last name. Separate VIP table for speakers, facilitators, media.
- After badge pick up, proceed to pick up t-shirt & goodie bags.
- Any issues regarding check-in/missing badges, direct to the helpdesk.
- One or two staff members will circulate in the middle of the room to help direct attendees to their badge pick-up tables and encourage the continual flow of traffic.
- Get a 4 or 5 copies of the hotel room assignments from the hotel
- Badge Printer/Extra Blank Badges
- Laptops for Check-In Tables, Helpdesk, & Administrative uses
- Paper Printers for any lists, signs, etc. that need printing
- Normal Supplies: Extension cords, electrical tape, tape for signs, pens, & highlighters
[LESSONS LEARNED FROM VICKY AND MY-HA HERE]
I, [NAME], in consideration of my participation in the UNAVSA-[#] Conference from [DATE RANGE] in [City, State] hereby release the Union of North American Vietnamese Student Associations, it officers, employees and agents, and any other people officially connected with the conference, from any and all liability for damage to or loss of personal property, sickness or injury from whatever source, legal entanglements, imprisonment, death, or loss of money, which might occur while participating in this event.
Powered by Facebook Comments